While some of you have been followers since the Jetstreaming blog began early 2011, many of you are new readers.
There’s a lot of information here. In fact, over 118,000 words in 125 articles so far.
Where do you start?
You can browse articles on field recording, look at my top 10 popular posts, and read ways of keeping in touch.
Articles on Field Recording Sound Effects
I write about field recording worldwide and being creative while doing this. I also write about selling sound effects on the web.
Field recording sound effects worldwide
I call field recording missions recording sound effects ‘field reports.’
In field report articles I write about my goal, challenges getting there, and reflections on the process. There are always sound effect previews, and sometimes free downloads.
Browse the field recording field reports.
Creativity while field recording
I’ve explored ideas how to remain creative while recording sound effects.
I’ve written about new ways to approach field recording sound effects in a thoughtful way. I look at ways to record while being respectful and aware of the sound itself. I also often write about recording with an emphasis on investing your own personality into your work as contrasted to relying solely on gear.
I also write about the struggle to remain creative when under pressure or when uninspired.
Read more about creativity while field recording sound effects.
Sharing sound effects on the Web
I’ve been sharing and selling sound effects on the web since 1999.
I write articles about how you can do the same, best practices I’ve learned, and thoughts on the future of selling or sharing sound effects.
Read my articles about e-commerce and selling sound effects.
Top 10 Popular Posts
- Digital sound recorder buying guide
- Interactive Frequency Chart + Sound Effects EQ Cheat Sheet?
- Field Recording Gear: What You Need to Record Sound Effects Worldwide – Part 1
- Field Recording Gear: What You Need to Record Sound Effects Worldwide – Part 2
- Field Report: Freight Train Sound Effects
- Getting Good Sound Effects from ‘Passive’ Field Recording Sessions
- Selling Sound Effects: How to Become a Field Recordist and Sell Your Library
- Field Report: Carnival Sound Effects
- Field Report: Binaural Stealth Recording Experiment
- Field Report: Diesel Train Sound Effects with Microphone Comparison
How to stay in touch
You can read a bit more about me and my vision for the website.
You can follow me on Twitter. I post more frequently on the website than articles appear there.
Or, you can just stop by. I post Wednesdays, and only when I feel I have something meaningful to offer.
If you’re interested in hearing more about my downloadable sound effects website, I also write on the Airborne Sound Blog. I post there Tuesdays.
Do you have feedback? Idea for an article, or something you want to read? Feel free to email me.